Saturday, September 15, 2007

Chowan Arts Council Honors Bertie Artists

Last night the Chowan County Arts Council honored Peggy Brinkley, Jaquelin Perry and Nancy Spruill with a reception at the Edenton Gallery to display their art. It was a strong show by three strong artists and it got the kind of crowd attendence that it deserved. Every room was packed.








I asked the artists to show me their favorite painting in the show. This is Peggy Brinkley's favorite of this show. It is named "Swain's Mill".




Nancy Spruill chose this painting named "Late Fall Peanut Bales" as her favorite for this show.




Jaquelin Perry was not able to come due to doctors orders so she missed the reception. We missed you Jaquelin! She is a great artist though and I couldn't leave her out. I therefore had to pick a painting to display by talking with people at the show. This painting (shown below) is not the artist's choice, but was the choice of my small poll. It is named "July Day In The Garden".




My own favorite of this show is the painting below. I love beaches and boats!




You can contact the Chowan Arts Council by going to their Gallery in the Swain Building at 200 East Church Street, Edenton, NC 27932 or call them at (252) 482-8005. Dawn Fenimore is the Executive Director.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home