Thursday, December 11, 2008

Senator Dodd Calls
For His Own Resignation

by William Kevin Stoos - December 10th, 2008 - Canada Free Press

Satire

Senator Chris Dodd--Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee--called for his own resignation today ...

“You know, I got to thinking…after presiding over the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac disasters--which cost the taxpayers billions and happened on my watch; after taking $133,900 in donations from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac at the same time I was supposed to be monitoring them, what kind of hypocritical, incompetent SOB would I be if I did not resign myself? After all, I am largely responsible for the current financial debacle facing this country. Therefore, to be morally consistent, I have, this day, called for my resignation as Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee. I expect to hear from myself by the end of the day, as to whether to submit and accept my resignation."

ROTFL

Definitely worth reading to start the day with a laugh.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home