Sunday, May 13, 2007

Judges 6:36-40

by Mike Adams - May 9th, 2007 - Townhall.com

Some years ago, I knew a young man who drove some 700 miles to give a speech at his alma mater. When he arrived he saw a few old friends including an old girlfriend he dated in school. She was going through a divorce and she had recently been unfaithful to her husband.

They talked for hours that weekend and after all was said and done he got back in his car to drive home. He had a lot to think about on the twelve hour drive. Mostly, he thought about how miserable the lives of so many of the girls he had dated turned out to be.

How many men have failed to search for the woman that they should and instead searched for something else entirely? I am certainly guilty of that. It is probably why I am still alone in life. I had to look up the biblical reference used as the title to this article. In case this passage from the Bible is not familiar to you either, here is the text.

Judges 6: 36-40
36: Then Gideon said to God, "If thou wilt deliver Israel by my hand, as thou hast said,
37: behold, I am laying a fleece of wool on the threshing floor; if there is dew on the fleece alone, and it is dry on all the ground, then I shall know that thou wilt deliver Israel by my hand, as thou hast said."
38: And it was so. When he rose early next morning and squeezed the fleece, he wrung enough dew from the fleece to fill a bowl with water.
39: Then Gideon said to God, "Let not thy anger burn against me, let me speak but this once; pray, let me make trial only this once with the fleece; pray, let it be dry only on the fleece, and on all the ground let there be dew."
40: And God did so that night; for it was dry on the fleece only, and on all the ground there was dew.

This passage talks about our need to ask God for guidance in our lives. Sometimes he gives it. If he gave me guidance in my choice of women I surely missed it.

This is the second great article by Mike this week. The other is equally as admiring of women, though it focused on Moms instead of Wives. That other article is typically Mike Adams satire though and you can read it below. This article was something new from Mike. It is a really touching story of finding someone to share your life with that seems blessed by those coincidences that can only be a sign of the mystery we find in life, which is clearly a sign from God.

I am posting both of them on Mothers Day. God bless our Moms and all the women who we admire! The women in our lives are our most important signs from God. I hope you listened. Wish I had.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home